Julianne

Default "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food

wrote:
> It is interesting to contrast what people eat today with what was the norm

for
> my middle class family growing up: three meals a day, each with a protein,

> veggie and some bread, and a snack before bed. Cake, pie, pizza, and any

fast or
> restaurant food was a special treat with maybe a monthly appearance.
>

> --
> Scott Johnson
> "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
> why they only open the top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

You just brought up a point that gets under my skin daily! How were our
Mom's able gain a fundamental understanding of the Zone Diet, the Glycemic
Index and heart healthy eating before the books were even written? As a
whole, society was a lot thinner and I don't remember me or my friends being
hungry all the time. We had less diabetes and fewer heart attacks. Of
course, we had fewer TV channels and internet sites, too. And my Mom wasn't
shy about sending us outdoors to play right up until supper. A bunch of
kids weren't gonna mess up her house and my Dad needed a little quiet before
dinner to relax after his hard day at work.