Vox Humana

"J@mes" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Food processor. It has a "dough blade"... Now... What I do... is... uh...
> errr.. What I do is... um... uh... to make bread...

Nothing could be easier. To start with, I would suggest that you read the
instruction book that came with the FP. Here is my method:

I put all the dry ingredients into the bowl of the FP. I get best result
when I limit the amount of flour to about 4 cups. I use instant dry yeast
(also known as "bread machine yeast") and add that with the other dry
ingredients. I pulse a few times to mix. Then I add the wet ingredients
through the feed tube. If there are eggs, I start with them. If there is
solid fat, I add that next. The liquid (usually warmed, and sometimes
combined with melted fat) is then slowly added to the feed tube. I like to
add a little liquid and then pulse a few time, alternating until the dough
starts to form clumps. I then turn the motor on and slowly add as much
liquid as needed to form a ball that rotates around the bowl. If you add
too much liquid too fast, it will go sticky and my stall out the machine.
If this happen, add about a half cup more flour and try pulsing. If that
doesn't work, remove the dough and add it back in portions with a little
flour. Once you learn the characteristics of your machine, you will be able
to make dough in a couple of minutes without any problems.

After the ball forms, I let it rotate around the bowl about 40 times, or up
to one minute. The dough is removed from the machine and rested a few
minutes. Then I knead a few times and form a ball.

Here is a link to some videos showing the use of a FP in dough making:
http://tinyurl.com/7777x