Roy

>All this discussion of tortillas has got me wondering .... Has anyone
>got a Greek Pita Bread recipe using sourdough?

Greek pita bread is normally bakers yeast raised; but the arabic
version made in certain parts of middle east can contain sourdough.

>Also, can a recipe be
>made, initial baking, then frozen and brough back to life

'fraid not....they are thin breads and baked in such a short time (
several seconds to few minutes), Therefore double baking is not an
option

>Just a thought, was sourdough part of the Greek cooking scene.

Greeks can have their own indigenous sourdough recipes and that can
include pitas.....and we never know if some bakers in Athens are
making an artisanal type pitas using old dough or even sourdough.