Dave Bell

Roy wrote:
> Hello Dave,
> Hmmn I am not sure...if you can get this food grade chemical OTC. But
> give it a try<g>.
> But I hope you won't mind for a correction; acid sodium pyrophosphate
> had a double reaction, first it reacts during the dough stage or
> preparation and further on the oven side( baking process).
> The number after the SAPP signifies roughly the reaction rate;
> You should be aware of such numbers as some suppliers/retailers got
> mixed up with it.
> The commonly used baking powder grade is an average speed material; not
> too slow and not too fast, that is SAPP 28, if the number goes higher
> say 36 that is moderately fast and good only for cake donuts.Meanwhile
> the slower SAPP22 and below are for frozen dough application.

Thank you very much for those details! I had never run into different
"grades" of SAPP, while searching for it.
When you first mentioned SAPP 28, I thought the number may have
represented by-weight percent of the final product!

Small quantities (1 kg or less) seem to be the problem. I ran acros a
Chinese supplier that had a picture of a nice, small bag, probably on
the order of 1 kilo. The accompanying text suggested they could supply
up to 1000 metric tonnes... Gigagrams I don't need!