Roy

BTW, I read your recipe for flour tortilla, which IMO contains much
baking powder; similar to what is applied for cake making.
I don't see the point when the industrial wheat tortilla is made with
onlyof one and half to two teaspoon for your flour measure. The
industry is using the commercial grade baking powder or they added the
components themselves composed of acid sodium pyrophosphate ( SAPP
28) and sodium bicarbonate( fine granular form it will be robust to
such processing methods.

Are you using the homemade type?..If so they are very fast acting that
the moment you let the dough rest most of the aerating power is already
lost. The time you add the water to the dough mixture it will react
instantly and preferably should be baked as soon as possible..
I don't know where that particular wheat tortilla recipe comes from
or the author who created it was using the expired baking powder<g>
That is the possible reason of the fault you mentioned in your earlier
post, that your baking powder wheat tortillas taste odd and had
yellowish color.
It was likely an alkaline dough
Roy