Katra

Default Low carb diet and heart disease...

For the up-to-date-on-nutrition challenged, I offer the following links:

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/ris...Atkinsvind.htm

http://thecompounder.com/AtkinsVindicated.html

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte...26/7400/1166-h

There are far more available for those that want to google it...

Thing is, new evidence shows how a low fat, high carb diet is killing
people. I've known several myself that went on that type of diet at the
recommendation of their personal physicians that ended up having to go
on statins (which are very hard on the liver) because the diet changes
DID NOT WORK!!!

is it so hard to believe that the original theories were just plain
wrong? And the current crop of Doctors were trained that way, so they
are going to continue to promote it. Sad.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/...ets020719.html

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/health/ed..._badcarbs.html

I like this link as it stresses starch carbs vs. "green" carbs.
One reason I prefer the greenwich diet over Atkins. I'm not a high fat
fan, (since calories still count) but eggs only have 5 grams each and
you need up to 25 grams per day to maintain skin health. Eggs are also
very rich in trace minerals which are difficult to get in a regular diet.

http://www.familyhaven.com/health/mineral.html

The thing with plants and trace minerals is if they are lacking in the
soil, they will NOT be in the food that is supposed to have them
according to most nutritional charts. The vast majority of commercial
farming is now done in depleted soils using commercial fertilizers that
contain just enough nutrients to get the plants to grow! This is the
major reason why organic veggies really are more nutritious than
non-organic.

http://www.mofga.org/food.html

Eggs are your freind, bread is your enemy.
It's hard to give it up. Very hard, but i finally did it.
At least most of the time. <G> It's been relegated to "treat" status...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...