danube

> By the way, the idea that all white teas are delicate may be a faulty
> assumption. Big, tight buds take more time and/or heat before they will
> properly infuse. (Have you seen bud-only Yunnan large-leaf white tea?)
> In fact, I suspect it's the lower grades of white teas, the leaf-only
> ones, especially where broken, that are the most delicate.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

It's pretty hot here in Britain at the moment and I tried very tender
green tea with cold water only, in a thermo flask. I took it to work and
to my surprise it reached its peak after about 4 hours in the water. It
was actually quite delicious, not a trace of bitterness. Maybe one should
try this with white tea as well?

JB