Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Scott Dorsey

Terry Youngkin wrote:

Since adagio seems to be the odd man out here, I still feel I should
steep all my whites for no more than 3 minutes. But I was wondering if
anyone else has heard of this or if anyone practices this.

Try it. I think you'll find it becomes bitter with extended steeping
times, although it is possible that some higher grade whites have less
of a problem in that regard.

I have accidentally steeped white and green teas for extended times and
the results were never pleasant. On the other hand, you can leave the
Ten Ren _Oriental Beauty_ black tea there for hours without a problem.
--scott