Ranee Mueller

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> Perhaps a community CPR class would help reassure everyone (older kids
> even?) particularly the Heimlich maneuver.

Fortunately, all the adults in the house had had some form of First
Aid and CPR training, though mine is out of date (we get updates from
Rich's mom who works at a child care center at a health club), and
Rich's infant stuff was limited. Arthur, the kids' godfather, is a
school bus driver and he is well trained, and Matt, his son, had
recently had adult CPR training, though he said he was disappointed in
it, as they never told them that a person could turn blue like that. I
miswrote, though, as Rich never had to do CPR, he began backblows, and
when nothing seemed to change, he started for the van as Arthur called
911. We live on the airport property, in an out of the way and
difficult to find for the first time, spot, so we didn't want to waste
any time trying to talk emergency vehicles down to our house, and they
know where to go to get to the airport office. Our eldest son is only
6 1/2, and although we do want them all to learn first aid and cpr, he
is probably the only one who could pick up any of it at this point, and
fortunately, he is never in a position to be alone watching the other
kids at his age.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.