Default God Made Man, Took One of His Ribs and Made Woman, and Now Man Cooks Ribs on Smoker, w/ Less Than Spectacular Results!!

Ok- I know I'm not God, but what in the he.. uh, world, happened to my
ribs?- not the one that was used to make my wife- that one came out
"nearly" perfect. I grilled a rack of pork spare ribs, using indirect
heat- the charcoal was on one side of my Char-Griller, and the ribs on
the other side for about 2-3 hours at 300-350 F, and they came out
great. The other day, I smoked a rack of spareribs for about 5-6 hours
at 225-250F, using the SFB, and they came out so-so at best. What am I
doing wrong? Why would ribs turn out better cooked at higher temps and
faster times, than ones cooked lower and slower? Same type of ribs,
same store, and app. the same weight.

Thanks again for your expertise- I appreciate it!

Jim