Sheldon

sf wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > As mentioned in my previous post, the province of Ontario has recently followed
> > Quebec's practice of allowing BYOW restaurants. You can bring whatever wine > > > you want.

> I really like that practice. It's a win-win situation. The customer
> can bring a wine of choice that hasn't been marked up 3-6 times and
> the restaurant doesn't have to deal with drunken customers.

How does drinking ones own booze prevent drunkeness?!?!?
If the booze costs less I'd think folks would typically drink more. DUH
And you EXAGGERATE, wine/liquor is not marked up 3-6 times... actually
it's marked up about 100%, about the same as food... next you'll whine
about why you can't bring your own steak... oops, I mean tube steak.

And restaurants will lose money from loss of alchol sales, which will
cause food prices to increase, causing those who come to eat more
rather than drink more to pay more in order to subsidize the BYOWers.

There's no free lunch.

Yours is a lose-lose situation.

You don't want to pay bar prices do your boozing at home and eat out at
the Golden Arches, it's what you do anyway... but I'll bet bar prices
are just fine when you hook some man to buy.

Sheldon