sf

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:03:36 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> I am not too sure about that Sheldon. BYOW is a new phenomenon in this
> province, having just been introduced a few months. I don't know of any
> local restaurants that have that yet and I understand that it there aren't
> that many places that went for it. But I know of one upscale restaurant in
> Toronto that has it, in addition to their very extensive wine list, and
> they charge $30 corkage. It is very common in mid price places in
> Montreal.

When I was in Canada last, we noticed particularly in the city of
Montreal there were restaurants that didn't have any wine list at all,
but we could go to the local liquor store (usually on that block) and
buy whatever struck our fancy to bring in. The restaurant not only
corked the bottle, it supplied glasses and even a wine cooler for no
charge. I was amazed and delighted.