The Ranger

gjgee > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Uh, what rude comment was that?

Probably the part you forgot to include to help reference the question:
> > The owner came by our table and refused to speak to the
> > family and told us we could be moved to a louder part
> > of the restaurant if we didn't like the noise from the
> > child.

Having seen deboned, spineless weenie-managers slink away from
customer-confrontations of any type, it doesn't surprise me that he
moved the complainer. Probably with a dismissive, "We have another table
available -- in the main dining area. It'll be noisier but that's all we
can do."

What was needed in this particular situation was a Gray Fox (or three).
They'd've quickly taken the parents to task and there would not be a
reoccurrence (at least with that particular couple) of them bringing an
over-tired, squalling, beyond-fidgeting child to another
special-occasion restaurant. There's just something about reaching that
milestone of 70 that causes them to speak their minds without care and
worry.

The Ranger