Lisa Ann

Bob (this one) wrote:
>Not necessarily. I knew of a few restaurants that didn't pay their
>servers at all. Tips were so high that they tried this illegal ploy and
>got away with it for a while. But when it hit the fan, several people
>paid huge fines, had to provide back pay, and a couple owners did time.
>As they should.

When I was living in Illinois, there were many pizza places that did
something similar: they claimed their drivers were "independent
contracters", paid them nothing, and still demanded a percentage of the
tips.

And as for your example...yeah, I can see that happening. *My* example
was optimistic. <g>

And I agree...fines and jail time for the owners...

Lisa Ann