Damsel

Dave Smith > said:

> ~patches~ wrote:
>
> > > any child whose parents can afford to take them to a 4-star restaurant,
> > > and are willing to inflict the inherent obnoxia of a preschooler on
> > > people expecting a relatively refined dining experience is likely a
> > > spoiled brat, yes.

> > I'm sorry but I disagree. You see we raised our kids and we exposed
> > them to the finer element in dining. But, we had the rule if they acted
> > up in any manner, they were out the door and that is how it should be.
> > They should not be allowed to disrupt other diners and there is a
> > certain decorum they needed to learn for public dining.

> I certainly admire that sentiment, but I have to ask, if you were part way
> through the main course and into a bottle of wine and the kids started acting up
> would you really get up and leave? I have seen to many parents allow their kids
> to run around in restaurants.

You only have to follow through once or twice with a lot of kids. Once
they know that they are absolutely not going to get away with it, they lose
their power over the adults in their lives, and they settle down, pronto
when the car is mentioned.

Carol

--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon