Dimitri

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Was I wrong or did I miss something???
>
> "The Nest" is a 4 star restaurant nestled in the
> romantic Saddleback Inn, Lake Arrowhead, CA.

<snip>

> I am curious as too your comments.

We stayed there (saddleback) for an anniversary a few years ago. I think the
Lucky Lindy Room over the lobby. Yep is a pretty good place.

I know you were looking for a "special evening" but the reality is it's summer
and the tourists in Bermuda shorts with black socks and wing tips are in full
season. Unless you want to pay a lot more you're just going to have to put up
with families and kids - especially in the village. There just ain't that many
places to go up there. Was there something special to your bottle of wine?
Bring your own booze to a 4 or 5 star place "deserves" a corkage charge - not
only is it reasonable it should have been expected.

IIRC we were there at World Series Time and the people were more than
accommodating - leaving the kitchen open later that expected because of the
game. I was torn between keeping my reservation and finishing the game upstairs
in our room.

It is really a great old place with terrific food. Our kids had them place a
goodie basket in our room with snacks and a bottle of Champaign by the time
dinner came around we were feeling no pain.

Dimitri