Glitter Ninja

"Bob (this one)" > writes:

>As for "compensation offered," it sounds like you were determined to be
>annoyed. Restaurants are in the business of selling food and drink.
>Doing all the service elements is included in the price. Bringing your
>own food or drink in is rather rude.

I thought bringing your own wine was acceptable? I wouldn't do it
myself -- if I want my own wine I serve it at home with my own dinner --
but I hear of a lot of people doing this and restaurants often charge
corking fees now, in response to this trend.
Still, a $10 fee compared to an $86 dinner seems high, but if it was
clearly listed on the menu or otherwise posted, it shouldn't have been a
surprise.

Stacia