Bob (this one)

Stark wrote:

> Sheldon > wrote:
>
>>Stark wrote:
>>
>>>I'm a crock stick honer with a couple of
>>>Wustof knives, some serated for bread, tomatoes, etc.

>>Bread knives are not serrated, they're scalloped.
>>
>>Sheldon
>>

> I was asking about the Furi sharpening system.

I've tried it. This one:
<http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=7757>

It works. I've tried several knives from my, "I'll probably never use
them again, but I just can't bear to throw out knives" box. They were
effectively sharpened in fairly short order.

It's easy and fast. They say to get the edge set and then stay pretty
much with the honer, and that's good advice. The other two components
remove metal and can do so quickly. To get a good edge, the restorer
will give you a starting point, even from a rather dull beginning. Then
run the blade through the fingers piece to get it more exact and
polished and finish with the honer.

A butcher's scimitar with a dull blade was tidied up in about two
minutes. A paring knife about 45 seconds. Furi knives are made from a
pretty hard steel, but they cleaned up very quickly (although none was
really dull since they're relatively new).

Pastorio