Frogleg

Default Egg beaters a pain to clean

On 26 Jan 2004 18:14:47 GMT, Michel Boucher >
wrote:

>I have cooked some egg beaters (at low temperature) twice in two
>separate properly oiled metal pans and both times, the bottom became
>coated with a residue from the egg beaters, drying right on the pan
>surface as it was cooking.

Why EggBeaters? I did a little casual research for an
cholesterol-challanged friend and found that simply buying eggs and
discarding the yolks was far cheaper (just noticed the price of eggs
has risen astronomically, so this may no longer be true.) *Her*
justification was separation anxiety, so I gave her an egg-separator
gadget. :-)

Can't help with residue question. My only use of egg whites is whipped
and folded into something. Do you get the same effect with regular ol'
egg-whites? The EggBeater site claims "no artificial flavors or
preservatives" but does add beta carotene for color and unspecified
"vitamins" usually supplied by the yolk.