Space Cowboy

Default More seed style grade (revisited)

I never got around to taking pictures of the seed or pod grade tea but
the vendor did. These shapes are a little more irregular than the TKY
pods and the Zui Mei Ren seeds but definitely the 'sealed' style I've
tried to describe. These seeds, pods, nuggets essentially never open
in the pot. Here the vendor claims 15 infusions for this Fujian grade.
I wouldn't disagree from what I've seen so far with my two samples.

On IE hold the cursor over the picture till you get the enlargment icon
to zoom in on the pictu

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...zhong_wang.jpg

Jim

Old post "More seed style grade"

The only difference between the 'seed' of the Zui Mei Ren, whatever
variety that is, and the 'pod' of the Tie Kwan Yin is the size of the
leaf. I only knew that from 3 ten minutes of boiling infusion where a
few popped open. Any rolled leaf I've seen is still discernable as a
leaf such as surface irregularities, a beginning or end, a twist and a
roll, a tuck, etc such as the herbal Kuding Pearls or the photos. All
I can say as before the grade looks like a teardrop seed with point. It
is completely smooth with no visible seams. The leaf looks like it has
been seamlessly sealed. You can find a few irregular shapes which
looks like a bulge or the end of a stem. I know rolled leaf but
nothing like this. I wouldn't even think that much about it except it
doesn't behave in the pot like other knots of leaf. I would say it
looks rolled and then somehow seared but it doesn't looked burned or
baked. Since there seems to be some interest I'll take some photos and
email the curious. It won't be this week or even probably next. I'd
send samples but that is all I have till I order some and then that is
a shipment from China.