Ranee Mueller

Default Ideas for freezable family meals?

In article > , Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> Was that 4 kids under the age of 5? Gawd!

We're going to be there in less than 6 weeks. It's really not bad if
you have trained your kids to be disciplined. In fact, it's quite nice.
Our boys love each other, are overwhelmingly considerate for 5 and 3
year olds (the almost 2 year old takes direction very well), have all
shown care for me and how I will feel and recover after this baby is
born and are thrilled to pieces to be getting a little sister. It is
tough work, but not any tougher than any other work I could have chosen.
I think part of the nightmarish problem people see with families with
multiple children is that the parents have been too lazy to do their
jobs in guiding and disciplining their kids. We are complimented
without fail on the boys' behaviour and attitude everywhere we go. They
mind us, the go to bed on time (6:30-7:00 pm), they love us and each
other, play well together and are polite, they are also some of the
happiest people I know and laugh all the time.

People ask us how we get our children to behave so well and mind us,
part of it is because we just expect them to do so and they know it,
part of it is because we are consistent with how they are disciplined
and part of it is that we train them into habits that will aid them to
follow our guidance. An example is the grocery store. I hear other
parents complain about taking more than one child to the store, and it
is harder for me too, but because of the time getting everyone in and
out of the car and store, not their behaviour. Our boys do not get the
shopper in training carts, they do not wander the aisles, the two older
ones each take a side of the cart and hold on walking alongside me and
the little one sits in the seat. They ask to be excused when we pass by
someone and they know we will leave if they get out of line, throw fits,
make loud or repeated demands, etc. They respond to my direction
because that is the habit we have instilled in them. They are not
perfect, but they are primarily obedient. Parents seem to be afraid to
expect or train children in obedience anymore.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24