Melba's Jammin'

Default Ideas for freezable family meals?

In article >, "richard
green" > wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> A friend has just had her fourth baby, last week, and is buckling a bit
> under the strain.

Good description, buckling. I hope she's got a husband to help with the
load. My mom had her first 10 kids within 2-1/2 years of each other
and said "it's hard when they're young, but nicer when they're older."
Whatever.

>I want to help out by bringing around food every now and
> then, something tasty that can be portioned and frozen for easy use when
> needed. She's a bit of a foodie, so nothing too bland, but something kids
> under the age of five will consider eating.
> Any ideas? Favourite recipes?

Don't discount PB&J sandwiches -- they'll keep in the fridge for a few
days. Bring her a 3-days lunches supply. Macaroni hotdish?
Hamburger patties that she can nuke and stick in a bun? Roast beef hash
that just needs browning in a skillet? For now, I'd think about what
the kids would eat -- bring her some flowers to demonstrate your
admiration. :-)

--
-Barb
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail;