Kate Connally

Default goodies from the farm!

Well, it used to be a farm. My best friend lives
on what was once the family farm. It's smaller now,
but there's a neat old farm house and a cherry tree
out back and and grape vines and a rhubarb patch that's
about 30 years old.

I went to visit on Sat. We picked cherries. Due to
circumstances to involved to go into out of the equivalent
of at least 6 quarts only end up with about 4 cups of
pitted cherries. Gonna have to make a very small pie.

Picked a ton of rhubarb and spend all morning Sunday
cleaning it and dicing it up. Got 4 bags of about 5-6
cups each. Next weekend it's Rhubarb Custard Cake for
sure! All this fruit is in the freezer. Didn't have
the time or energy to make anything on Sunday.

My friend also gave me a large bunch of fresh oregano.
She has more than she knows what to do with.

It was a very productive weekend. Can't wait for my
first rhubarb custard cake of the year. Yum!

Kate