The Joneses

Loki wrote:

> Oh, and the HUGE fig tree is loaded as is the neighbor's that hangs
> over our fence. Those will be ripe soon so fig jam/preserves/whatever
> but what else?

I thought Pickled Figs were way too sweet, too mushy, and a general waste of
boiling water.

> >Glad to hear you've settled into north Louisiana though.

Ditto. I'm here in zone 7 myself, we're about the same latitude but I'm 4,000
feet up. I do well planting my dill in February and freezing fronds & tops
till the cukes on the farms are available.Plant a bay leaf tree if you can. I
have a crafter that buys my excess branches. A leaf in your shoe is supposed
to draw money to you!

> Well, sorta. See, there is this lack of animal control (complete
> lack) and this excess of stray dogs and well, I can't stand to see a
> stray hungry or sick or anything so we now have 8 dogs and adding
> more. I'm the new Humane Society down here. We currently have 2 labs
> (one black, one cream), one golden retriever, and one tiny spaniel up
> for adoption. There rest are my own dogs.
> Poor Chuck is a cat person. He *must* love me.
> No, settled does not describe my life. <laugh>
> Loki

Goddess bless all of you. But be careful y'all don't get overrun!
Edrena, cat mama