Damsel

"Sheldon" > said:

>But when adressed in an adult-like manor the
>actual physical pain is not so terrible compared with the emotional
>pain experienced by those with low emotional threshholds, which is what
>I see demonstrated in this particular case.

Thanks. This was particularly traumatic for him because of those issues.
Next time, we'll be prepared. The medications will be planned for and I
think he'll do much better. It *has* been a nightmare, but we've learned a
lot from it. At this point, he's still saying he's not going to have the
other side done (like he even has that option, given the bone disease). I
think that once the surgical pain is gone, he might be more willing to go
ahead with the other hip. Or, he may just decide to wait until the other
hip is unbearably painful. Fear can be crippling. Literally.

>Try to stay strong, Crash... you're breathing, the worst is over.

Amen.
Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY