Damsel

"Dimitri" > said:

>Many years ago I had all the cartilage removed from my right knee. The incision
>runs about 6 inches - this was not a Band-Aid surgery. The perception from
>movies and television is that the drugs take care of everything and surgery is
>like falling off a log. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I woke up
>from the general and asked "Who the F*** hit me in the knee with a sledge
>hammer." Damn it hurt. I can not imagine Crash and what he went through.

Yeah, everyone kept telling him about the pain relief from the original
bone disease. No one got into the post-op pain, so he was shocked at the
pain. On the other hand, he had anywhere from 10-20 on the 0-10 pain scale
before the surgery. The last 2-3 days, it's been averaging about 7. So he
hurts, and he's not happy about it, but it's far less than what he was
suffering before. It's just a different kind of pain.

Crash's favorite quote was, "Mother-F***!"

I don't know if I mentioned that Kidzilla couldn't visit him in the
hospital because her aunt was dying of lung cancer. Crash is on the phone
with Kidzilla now. Her aunt passed today. Yesterday was Kidzilla's 18th
birthday, and today is her mother's birthday. Kidzilla's mother and aunt
were sisters. Crash's ex (not ex-wife) and his daughter called within 2
minutes of each other, on different phones. Crash is the kind of guy who
has an ex that leans on him when she's in need.

This is horrible, and it makes me feel selfish because I wish I weren't
doing some cleaning up that I'd rather not. Crash isn't up to the 4 hour
drive each way, so we can only attend the memorial service in spirit.

Must run ... he's already calling me Nurse Ratchet.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: