Dimitri

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> limey wrote:
>> That's wonderful, Carol. I tried to post through Google but messed up
>> somehow. I had tried to find your OT - Crash Update post yesterday but it
>> disappeared somewhere.
>>
>> Anyway, tell Crash to take it slow and easy and do his exercises faithfully,
>> even if they hurt like hell. I had knee replacement about 18 months ago -
>> at the time, the surgeon said, "For the first three months, you will wonder
>> why on earth you had the surgery. At the end of six months, you'll forget
>> you had."
>> I feel all Crash's pain but it *will* get better.

> Any surgery is physically painful at post-op, that's a given, and some
> worse than others. Physical pain wise these two are right up there
> with the worst of the worst; having a pilonidal cyst removed and having
> a deviated septum repaired along with a turbinate modification.
> Fortunately neither is particularly life threatening... but the pain is
> unimaginably intense (nothing can prepare for what comes) and lasts a
> long, loooooong time. But when adressed in an adult-like manor the
> actual physical pain is not so terrible compared with the emotional
> pain experienced by those with low emotional threshholds, which is what
> I see demonstrated in this particular case. Try to stay strong,
> Crash... you're breathing, the worst is over.
>
> http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEduc/Pilonidal_Cyst.htm
>
> http://www.ent-consult.com/turbinatesurgery.html
>
> Sheldon

Amen!

Many years ago I had all the cartilage removed from my right knee. The incision
runs about 6 inches - this was not a Band-Aid surgery. The perception from
movies and television is that the drugs take care of everything and surgery is
like falling off a log. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I woke up
from the general and asked "Who the F*** hit me in the knee with a sledge
hammer." Damn it hurt. I can not imagine Crash and what he went through.

Hang in there.

Dimitri