Lewzephyr

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:13:30 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
"Brick" > :

>On 1-Jun-2005, " > wrote:
>
>> Lewzephyr wrote:
>> > Presently I am using the Charbroiler Silver Smoker with side firebox.
>> > This weekend I did a large spread of 2 Briskets, 2 Pork Shoulders and
>> > 2 Chicken... and some links to be thrown in......
>> > Issue is the smoker does not have much cooking space to do all that in
>> > one session. What I usually do (as I did this weekend) is cook the
>> > Brisket the day before (because the time on it tends to be less
>> > consistent than the pork shoulder) and do the Shoulder and Chicken
>> > the day of.
>> > What I would like to have is a smoker I could do em all at the same
>> > time... obviously each would have a separate starting time... but
>> > hopefully a close ending time.
>> >

>> Lewzephyr-
>>
>> Before you buy the Bandera try this (as suggested by another NB owner
>> on this list):
>>
>> Add a few cooking grates under the ones you already have. The currently
>> unused space below could easily fit two boston butts, some ribs,
>> chickens or 1 brisket.
>>
>> At least then you'd have some flexibility as to how much to cook
>> without heating the extra (vertical) cooking space in the Bandera and
>> spending the extra $$ to upgrade.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Rob
>> Q 4 all

>I'm guilty of posting about the bottom grate possibility in the NBS. The top
>
>grates are 34 X 16 for 544 Sq In of grate. I lose 10 Sq in at the lowered
>chimney.
>
>The bottom grate(s) 34 X 10 for 340 Sq in of grate. Total after chimney
>mod,
>874 Sq in. of cooking area.
>
>Finally, get Mathew Martin to teach you how to properly load a smoker and
>you should be able to feed 50 people or more with one load.

Thank you all for the responses...
I had looked at the Bandera(via web pictures) and the firebox,
appeard like it would be an easy use as a grill, when not smoking that
is. 8 )
I would love to be educated by Mathew Martin (hes the one with the
charcoal website yes?) on how to prperly load my Silver Smoker to
ensure all get eats. Know of any homemade Mathew Martin Lures?

What I am thinking I will just do for my grilling needs is make the
final call Lump or Gas... If going coal I will probly go with the
weber One Touch Silver 22-1/2 in. (the gold dosent appear to be sold
at any of the stores I have seen.) Is the price difference worth it
between teh silver and gold? The only difference I see is one has a
ash pan, and the other looks like an ash bucket.
And if gas... it will probly be one of those cheapo's for sub 150.00
and make a goal to save up for a biger purchase... (man those weber
look sweet.... but I dont have the 350 plus to buy one at this
juncture.)

Thanks again, all of you, for your time and insight.
"I fear that all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant, and filled it with
a desire for vengeance. "