Alex Rast

Default Criollo cocoa powder?

at Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:02:46 GMT in <qkvic.25742$GR.3322804@attbi_s01>,
(Bud Fuddlacker) wrote :

>Thanks for the explanation - and the education about Dutch chocolate!
>You're right, I have had good chocolate Easter eggs before, but the kind
>my mother-in-law and wife buy always seem to be sorry excuses for
>chocolate. Which pretty much describes the most commonly-available
>chocolates in the USA...

Well, Ghirardelli is certainly one of the most commonly-available, and IMHO
it's anything but a "sorry excuse for chocolate" - Ghirardelli is excellent
chocolate all round, especially remarkable when you consider how cheap it
is relative to other rivals which, if they're not any worse, aren't any
better either.

The solution on Easter eggs is to do what I do - commandeer the buying
process. If you buy the good stuff pre-emptively, people will soon catch on
that the good chocolate is coming from you, and let you buy all the eggs.
Problem solved.

--
Alex Rast