WardNA

Default Lamb Texture

>I would compare it to pork. I cook lamb from time to time when I can get
>it fresh and reasonably priced.

Well, no, it's not at all like The Other White Meat, and particularly not like
pork tenderloin.

It's more flavorful than beef, which it resembles in color and texture; it is
really closer to venison than beef is (although not gamey, like mutton) and
generally more tender and fine-grained than what the equivalent cuts of beef
would be.

The description "blood clot" doesn't resonate much, with respect to lamb.

I had it five nights ago, at the restaurant in the Little Rock Holiday Inn that
bills itself "Camp David" (looking for the politico/Clinton crony trade). They
do a very good job on it for $19. Five or six miniature lamb chops, grilled
and served with a cherry sauce, asparagus, and a baked potato (for which they
allowed our preferred substitution of garlic mashed). I haven't had many
better meals anywhere, although the quality of roll in the bread basket could
use some work.

When I make it (my son loves lamb), I generally grill it, with a drizzle of
lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and black pepper. The cheaper chops can be had
for under $3/pound at Safeway.

Neil