Oxymel of Squill

yep, asked the waiter about it on an overnight stop driving through France.
He winked, disappeared and returned with a wine bottle with the label
scribbled out and the word absinthe written in biro. Companion took a sip
and went Waaa, self of course couldn't be so girly and downed the glass, but
the mattress kept throwing me all over the place all night.

An IRA terrorist I knew who kept a gun under the floorboards at a
girlfriend's house once came up with some poteen (Sp??) which had less of a
kick but was in the same league. Didn't taste of aniseed though