Alex Rast

Default Which of the following do you think would be best warm?

at Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:41:05 GMT in
Chazan) wrote :

>NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
>On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:26:56 -0000,

>(Alex Rast) wrote:
>
>>For various reasons I've been thinking about extremely decadent
>>chocolate desserts recently (what - a REASON is necessary?) Anyway, I
>>can't really decide which among several possibilities would be best.
>>The key thing is I want it to be served warm, not cold (or even room
>>temperature). So I'll put it to the newsgroup : which one of these
>>would you think would be the best warm? I'm not asking you to identify
>>the ones which would turn out better served warm instead of cold -
>>rather, taking the fact that they'd be warm as a given, which would you
>>most want? ...
>>Fallen Chocolate Cake : the one usually baked in individual ramekins
>>and served partly baked, so that the outside is like a cake but the
>>center is still liquid batter. Always served warm.

>When this is cool, the center becomes almost solid. I'd say that it
>is better warm.

I'm sorry, but you exactly misinterpreted what I was asking for in
precisely the way I tried to clarify I was *not* asking for in hopes of
forestalling that kind of answer.

Again, I was not asking you to go, item by item, through *each* individual
choice and identify, in each separate case, whether the item in question
would be better served warm or cold.

Rather, I was asking, if one is to be served one of these items warm, which
specific one would be your preference?

In other words, pick one from the list.

How might I have worded this at the outset so that it was clear what I was
asking for in the first place? This kind of thing seems to happen to me all
the time with questions - that I manage to elicit exactly the type of
answer I was not looking for. I assume it must be something wrong with the
way I tend to frame questions.