usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>birds

> pathetic

> serve

>>>who

> closed-minded

> Do you see a scale to wrongness?

No.

>>>Do you personally find the
>>>cds to be immoral?

>>I don't think "killing animals is wrong." You do. Your consumption
>>doesn't do anything to diminish animal deaths.

> You already know that that in
> fact it does.

No, I disagree with your assumption that the absence of meat on a plate
means you've done anything to reduce animal deaths.

>>>There is nothing wrong with
>>>feeling good about what I eat.

>>To call yourself "successful" as you have on the basis of what you eat
>>IS wrong.

> What I eat is only part of
> who I am,

Why do you define yourself in any degree by what you eat?

> but there is
> nothing wrong with feeling
> good about what I eat.

It's a phony sense of achievement for a completely phony person. It
suits you.

>>>You do it yourself, don't you?

>>No.
>>

>>>You seem to consider yourself
>>>a flexitarian, if I'm not mistaken.

>>I don't call myself anything with regard to what I eat anymore, nor do I
>>engage in sanctimony about what I eat.

> That in itself is a belief system
> regarding foods.

No, it isn't.

> What about
> your desire to eat healthy foods?

I don't define myself by that.

> Would you still add that as a
> label to what you eat?

No.

>>>My change from a meat
>>>eater to veg was enough
>>>of a change to drastically
>>>reduce them.

>>Not drastically at all. At best, insignificantly; at worst, you're
>>actually causing more CDs than before because of all the imported and
>>transported foods, reliance on "lethal" crops like grains and legumes,
>>machine-harvesting, pesticides, etc.

> You know full well that the
> meat industry uses tons and
> tons more grains and legumes
> than people do, and therefore
> have more cds.

And YOU know full well that you object only to the 1001st death -- you
don't care than 1000 animals die, your sole protest is against the one
killed for its meat.

>>>I don't expect extremes from
>>>myself, so I'm happy
>>>enough from that.

>>More weak spin. You don't expect yourself to do anything differently
>>even after stating "killing animals is wrong."

> Mostly. Get it right, will you.

I do indeed believe that killing animals is wrong...
http://tinyurl.com/88pb4

Want more examples where you never qualified it with "mostly" (which is
irrelevant).

>>>It's no fallacy.

>>Look it up, dumb ass. Your argument rests on a tu quoque fallacy.
>>http://www.cuyamaca.net/bruce.thomps...s/tuquoque.asp

> I'm not saying meat is bad too.
> I'm saying it's worse.

Same fallacy, you dumb ass.