Lewzephyr

Default Request info on the New Braunfels Smoker

Presently I am using the Charbroiler Silver Smoker with side firebox.
This weekend I did a large spread of 2 Briskets, 2 Pork Shoulders and
2 Chicken... and some links to be thrown in......
Issue is the smoker does not have much cooking space to do all that in
one session. What I usually do (as I did this weekend) is cook the
Brisket the day before (because the time on it tends to be less
consistent than the pork shoulder) and do the Shoulder and Chicken
the day of.
What I would like to have is a smoker I could do em all at the same
time... obviously each would have a separate starting time... but
hopefully a close ending time.

By the way... all the brisket was gone, and most of the pork as
well... chicken had some issues because I attempted to use a portion
of the smoker as a grill for some bacon wrapped jalapeno. (ya, my dumb
ass dint think about losing the heat) it came out ok, but took much
longer than I intended (as in after all had ate already.)

Now, the smoker I listed in the subject:
http://www.nbsmoker.com/smokers.html
I am looking at the Bandera line.... in hopes that it has more
cooking room.
Anyone have experience in using this particular smoker? How much meat
can that sucker hold? does it cook similar to the silver smoker?
Does it work decent for grilling? (I like multitaskers)

I do tend to smoke more than grill, but like to have the option.
Rather use lump than gas any day.

FYI the reason I am looking at that particular model... is due to my
price limitations... as well as I would use the smoker as a grill on
certain occasions.

If you have a suggestion for another smoker that covers my concerns,
please throw them out. (More smoking space, ability to grill, and
preferred to stay under the $250.00 range.

Much appreciate the input.
"I fear that all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant, and filled it with
a desire for vengeance. "