alzelt

Default Crullers (Dunkin' Donuts)

Puester wrote:

> alzelt wrote:
>

>>I spent last week in a car making sales trips
>>throughout New England. Froze my ass but had plenty of crullers in DD.
>>
>>So tell me again, Jack, the appeal of winter in New England.
>>--
>>Alan
>>

> I'm not Jack but I spent the first half of my life in
> New England and from my POV New Englanders are frozen
> in their own inertia. I found that in all but the large
> cities (i.e. Boston) the attitude pervades that driving
> more than five miles to go out for a special dinner is
> "way too far". It is a matter of pride to live all your
> life in the same town where you were born, and often in
> the same house.
>
> Yes, there's upward mobility, but not lateral....
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

You may be correct, but living within five miles of Federal Hill in
Providence is not such a bad experience. So much good Italian food in
such a couple of blocks.

And living near a restaurant serving up great littlenecks on the half
shell, along with fried belly clams is not bad either.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener