zxcvbob

Larry G wrote:
> Does anybody know where I can find soybean oil? My local supermarket
> doesn't carry it. I have a KFC clone recipe and it calls for soybean oil
> "no substitutions", says it makes it taste more "authentic".
>
> The main result for search engines is veterinary supply stores (??? - I
> don't wanna know).
>
> Would a health foods (like Henry's Marketplace) store carry it? What
> about something like Smart & Final? We're getting a Sam's Club here, but
> it's not built yet.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Larry

You just want refined vegetable oil. If it says "vegetable oil" on the
label instead of saying "corn oil" or "canola oil" or "peanut oil" or
whatever, it is almost certainly soybean oil. You can then verify by
looking at the tiny print on the back label where somewhere it will tell
you the oil content.