anthonyd

> > You could get a spray bottle of water to go after the flare-ups, but
> > I've never tried this method.

> I can tell.

Right because I just told you...

> > Seems like it would just take the temp
> > of the fire down

> Of course it does. That's the intention.

No, it isn't. The intention is to stop the flare-ups that can turn the
outside of your meat into charcoal before the inside is cooked through,
not to lower the temperature of the fire.

What I was saying is that a possible by-product of this method is that
the temp would go down is a bad thing when it comes to searing when you
want really hot coals. Agian, I didn't say you couldn't do it, just
that it would be a concern. Particularly in the case of something
really drippy.

> > or create more steam and that doesn't sound great.

> If you use the spray correctly, it works well... never seen any steam
> on our "grill" and we do it every other night in summer here in South
> Africa....

Where does the water go then? If you are trying to tell me the method
works and my concerns are unfounded, that's fine. As I said, I hadn't
tried it before due to the above mentioned concerns. And my two level
method has been working for me for many, many summers as well.