Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "-L." > wrote:
> > Piggybacking
> >
> > I don't have an exact source but I do have a suggestion: I use a vinyl
> > tablecloth underneath my cloth tablecloths on my hardwood dining table.
> > It's much less expensive than a table pad and essentially works the
> > same way for everyday use. I also still use heat protectors for dishes
> > though.
> >
> > Most of the "heavier duty" vinyl ones I have found were from Rite Aid
> > pharmacy, but that was 5 years ago or so - and they were more
> > "expensive" - like $7.99 vs. $1.99 for the cheapies.

> Fabric stores have flannel-backed vinyl. Generally limited patterns,
> though. Cut your own to size.

Not only that, but they also have table-pad material which is quite
cheap - get the length of your table, buy the "fabric," put it on the
table, mark around the edges and trim it to fit. I keep mine rolled on
a really heavy cardboard tube that upholstery fabric came on - fabric
shops will give you those free.

N.

N.