PENMART01

Default When did oatmeal portion go from 1/3 c. to 1/2 c.?

>(Carol Cohen)
>
>I'm writing to you because I can't think of better

Why not just call the Quaker Oats Corporation?
http://quakeroats.com/qfb_ContactUs/Consumers.cfm

newsgroups to
>answer my question, which is: I have always made oatmeal by the
>recipe on the Quaker Oats box: 1/3 cup oats, 3/4 cup water. But the
>new box reads: 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water. (and of course the
>calories which used to be 110, are now 150). When did the portion
>size change? And why?

Probably to sell more oats... who in their right mind dirties a pot for such a
small quantity anyway... washing the pot costs as much as the puny portion of
oats... for those who prepare just one serving it's more economical to buy the
single serving pouches.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon