Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 30 May 2005 16:32:03 -0500, Damsel > wrote:

>"Frenchy" > said:
>
>>If you can get access to a Gourmet Butcher they may have "Lamb Heart of
>>Rump" or the "Lamb Eye Fillets". These are the very best and no
>>fat/gristle/membrane.

>This is starting to sound pretty expensive ....
>
>>And make sure it is New Zealand lamb, not that crap Aussie stuff <smile>

>Does anyone know if most of the lamb sold in the US is from down under?
>I've seen several sheep farms right here in Minnesota.

If it's Australian or New Zealand lamb, it should clearly say so on the
packaging. You might try looking for a local producer you can buy from
directly. There's a lot of web sites that serve small producers like that,
providing consumers with lists of farms to contact directly. I'm not able
to find the one I've used in the past at the moment, but I'll try to find
it for you.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh