Dee Randall

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall > wrote in message

>> > Indeed! Why would you think sand and Elmer's Paste would
>> > be improved by adding anything to it?
>> >
>> > YUCK!
>> >
>> > The Ranger
>> > --
>> > Grits are a travesty, an evil, perpetrated by the South against the
>> > North in our never-ending War Between the States. If you were
>> > served this dish as a child, you would have been psychologically
>> > traumatized. They are the most foul-tasting gruel that has ever
>> > been invented by one group and foisted on another group of
>> > humans. This "dish" is used as a way of showing that the day
>> > can't get any worse. Look at how, as if further proof is needed,
>> > many people prefer to eat them; heavily salted and floating in
>> > a tub of butter, covered in gravy, cheese, or other substances
>> > -- all in a vain effort to fool the tortured soul eating them
>> > into thinking the taste and texture might possibly be edible!
>> >

>> Tell it to the Italians.
>> Polenta!

> I'm none too fond of polenta, as you might guess, either. I'd much
> rather have something else (risotto) as a side...
>
> The Ranger

Yes, for me they are both murderously difficult to stir - polenta/grits
being worse than risotto. I haven't made risotto in quite a while, but
should make some soon. Just can't stand the chicken broth in it. I need
some alternative to water or vegetable/herbal broth that I would normally
use. Any ideas?
Dee