BOB

Bubba wrote:
:: Stark wrote:
::
::: Mebbe so. But I like a soupy beef hash sans potatoes that I eat
over
::: hot water cornbread, or pone, if you will.
:::
::: Problem is I've got lots of rib eye that we've been eating as
steaks,
::: and have a portion set aside for roasting. I'd like to chop up a
couple
::: of those steaks for my semi-hash. Is that criminal?
:::
::: Most hash or beef tips recipes call for tougher meat and a long,
slow
::: braise to tenderize.
:::
::: If I'm crazy enough to use the rib eye, should I quick-brown, set
::: aside, make a flavorful gravy, then toss the meat back in? Should
::: lightly flour the meat for browning or just deglaze the pan, add
broth
::: or water/wine, then toss in some flour to thicken?
:::
::: Obvioulsy I need recipe to get out of bed, let alone do anything
in the
::: kitchen.
:::
:::
:: No reason rib eye shouldn't make a killer hash....certainly has
plenty
:: of flavor. I'd sear it first, but then I think browning anything
gives
:: it more punch.
:: Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
::
:: Bubba

Yeah, me too! ;-)

BOB