Damsel

(Gal Called Jani) said:

>One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
>
>> Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.
>>
>> They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.
>>
>> Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

>OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
>a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

Tunnel of fudge is a well-established Bundt cake recipe. It's been around
for nearly 40 years. It's a Pillsbury bake-off thing. They used to sell a
boxed mix when Bundt cakes were all the rage.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Recipe By :Ella Rita Helfrich, 17th Bake-Off® Contest, 1966
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cakes chocolate

-------- ------------ ------------------------------*--
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups soft butter
6 eggs
2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups chopped walnuts -- *see Note
---Glaze---
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 tablespoons milk -- or more if needed

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan or 10-inch tube
pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2
cups powdered sugar; blend well. By hand, stir in flour and remaining cake
ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter into greased and floured pan;
spread evenly.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are
beginning to pull away from sides of pan.** Cool upright in pan on wire
rack 1 1/2 hours. Invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
3. In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for
desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run
down sides. Store tightly covered.

Source:
"http://www.bakeoff.com/"

NOTES :
* Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.

** Since this cake has a soft filling, an ordinary doneness test cannot be
used. Accurate oven temperature and baking times are essential.