Shaun aRe

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

Shaun aRe wrote:

> > > A common tuber disease is Rhizoctonia or black scurf. This fungal
> > > disease is characterized by small, irregular black patches on the

> tuber
> > > surface. These patches, called "sclerotia,"

> > Are you *certain* you have the right word there?

> "Are you *certain* you have the correct reference there...

dictionarys
> are notoriously worthless for abstractions."
>
> Yes, I'm certain I have the definition correct.
> > "n. pl. scle·ro·ti·a (-sh-, -sh)
> > A dense mass of branched hyphae, as in certain fungi, that

contain
> stored
> > food and are capable of remaining dormant for long periods.
> >
> > [New Latin, from Greek sklrots, hardness, from sklros, hard.]"
> >
> > Truffles are sclerotia.

> "Uni-dimensional thinking... can't even comprehend his own

reference..."

> My question of you was not an accusation, it was a request for
> clarification. The mold you described jarred with the definition of
> sclerotia I had come across - I wanted to be sure you used the right

word in
> that context, so that I could ad that information to memory and

therefore
> broaden my knowledge base.
>
> Now, if of course you would care to, could you explain how the above

applies
> to this potato mold? I really am genuinely curious - as I said

previously,
> I'm a bit of a (admittedly very amateur) fungiphile.
>
> "did anyone ever tell you that you are functionally illiterate, you

are
> you know, most definitely... you've just demonstated that you have

the
> IQ of a potato, mashed. You're way too dumb to succeed at being a

LOUD
> MOUTH. I'm positive yours is the lowest IQ of all who've subscribed

> rfc during the past five year period."
>
> No Sheldon, only you, but it's more or less the same formulaic

response you
> fire off to people here on a reagular basis, and it doesn't bother me

in the
> least. ',;~}~
>
> I must admit though to being a little upset, that you didn't even put

in one
> half of a new thought before you attempted your (f)laming of me.

<Sniffle>
> ;-(
>

> "Typical internet/usenet Newbie,
> with hair trigger keyboard."
>
> Ha! Hilarious - I ask you a question, you fire off (as you so often

do) your
> little tirade, then accuse me of having a hair trigger keyboard. You

do
> realise the irony of that, don't you Shelly-Welly?
>
> "Didn't yer momma teach you to put
> pea-brain into gear before opening yap."
>
> <Sigh> If only she'd have been your mother too, maybe she would have

also

http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.corne...hizoctonia.htm

> Thanks for the links - I will take a look at them shortly - I'm sure

I will
> find the information both interesting and informative.

Had you actually possessed an IQ you'd have checked out those websites,
etal, BEFORE overflowing yer yap... you haven't what it takes to
learn... I meet your type nearly every day... losers who dive into the
pool without looking because they think they know *everything*. I can
always pick out the brain dead, they have to respond to EVERY thread.

Sheldon