Sheldon

Bronwyn wrote:
> A bit of a long article to read all thru' but I get the idea <g>.
> I don't work, but I shop every day in the 20/20 fashion. That way I

get
> the freshest vegetables and or idea for meat/fish for the evening
> dinner.

The greater number of occasions the merchants can get consumers to shop
the greater their profits... returning to the pre 50s shopping habits
when housewives did daily shopping now that nearly everyone uses
plastic would prove disasterous for most consumers. Anyway, I read the
article... it won't happen... not with the time constraints of two
worker households and with the cost of energy going through the roof,
folks will actually shop less often, in fact that's what's already
happening and why the big conglomerates are touting their hype, they're
desperate to get people back into the stores (malls are suffering)...
won't work, folks are dumb but not that dumb. I've actually gone to
shopping once a month.

Sheldon