Vox Humana

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
news:20050504204316.6ed0b4b0@wafer...
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:03:36 -0400
> "Rina" > wrote:
>
> > Does a FP produce heat when you pulse pie crust or cookie dough? I
> > wouldn't want my crust to get warm. I don't want my bread dough too

warm
> > either.

> Not a lot. At least my mother's 80's era Cuisinart 7 cup doesn't. We
> used to buy raw milk, separate the cream, and make butter by pouring it in
> the FP and turning it on. We'd walk away and wait for the gurgling sound

> change. Never melted any, even in the summer.

Interesting. Since I don't have access to raw milk, I won't be trying that
soon. There are directions with my FP on how to use milk and butter to make
a substitute for cream. By varying the amount of unsalted butter added to
the fixed amount of milk, you supposedly can make light, medium, and heavy
cream. I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it works.