Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Rich"
> wrote:

> I am going to a family reunion in August, a pot luck in a public
> park. What to take is the question. This is problem of logistics. I
> will be flying to Florida, then driving my mother in her car to
> Missouri for the reunion, a two day trip. We'll be staying in motels,
> so no kitchens will be available. I think Mom has an old Coleman gas
> camp stove, but I coubt that it has been lit for years. We both have
> reputations as good cooks, so just taking something from the
> supermarket deli or some KFC chicken doesn't feel right.
>
> Any ideas for a pot luck offering that could survive two days in a
> cooler or could be improvised in the motel or in the park?

> Thanks.

This doesn't answer your question, Rich, but I couldn't help but laugh!
At our family reunion in 1993, we had KFC cater the food. We were in a
public park and just wanted things to be simple.

At this summer's reunion, we're doing burgers, breasts, tube steaks, a
couple sides, watermelon, lemonade, and are asking the local folks to
bring bars for dessert. There'll be a prize for the best bars. And
I've already been told I'm not to pout if my brownies don't win.

Personally, I think you should forget about trying to dazzle them with
anything, bring a jug of something boozy, and have yourself a good time.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am! 5/3/05