Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Rich wrote on 04 May 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> I am going to a family reunion in August, a pot luck in a public
> park. What to take is the question. This is problem of logistics.
> I will be flying to Florida, then driving my mother in her car to
> Missouri for the reunion, a two day trip. We'll be staying in
> motels, so no kitchens will be available. I think Mom has an old
> Coleman gas camp stove, but I coubt that it has been lit for
> years. We both have reputations as good cooks, so just taking
> something from the supermarket deli or some KFC chicken doesn't
> feel right.
>
> Any ideas for a pot luck offering that could survive two days in a
> cooler or could be improvised in the motel or in the park?
>
> Thanks.

This keeps a long time (weeks) if fridgerated . It works well as a dip
for pretzels, graham crakers or cookies. Women have been known to
want to roll in the stuff.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

aka Kathy's Chocolate Pate

none

1 cup unsalted butter 250 ml
1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 ml
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp. brandy 30 ml or Rum
2 tsp. vanilla 10 ml
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate 250 g melted; and cooled
1 cup whipping cream 250 ml

In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in
egg yolks, rum and vanilla. Blend in chocolate.

Whip cream lightly and stir into chocolate mixture. Turn into 3-cup
(750
ml) mould or small pots. Chill until firm, at least 8 hours. (If you
make
it the night before you can eat it for lunch and still have enough time
make another batch
for dessert).

Makes about 8 servings.

(actually it makes about two servings - if you have the right people).

Use a light flexible metal mould or small pots or crocks. The recipe
cam be
doubled for a large mould (or two small ones).

From Kathy

Tried this and it is good...with congac.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban