Vox Humana

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 May 2005 22:55:17 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>
> >You can make pizza dough in your food processor in under 5 minutes.

> This is from Fine Cooking! Makes a perfect dough.
>

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Pizza Dough/Fine Cooking
>
> breads, italian
>
> 2 1/4 ts yeast
> 1 1/2 c warm water; 110F
> 18 oz bread flour
> plus more for dusting
> 1 1/2 ts salt
> 2 ts olive oil
>
> Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.

I have used this recipe for a long time. In fact, I noted the level of the
flour in the work bowl ( it comes up to the shoulder of the FP blade) and I
just "eyeball" the flour measurement. I use instant yeast, so that goes in
with the flour - a scant tablespoon- and while I have that spoon out, I fill
it half way with salt. The oil is just poured in. I turn on the machine
and put hot tap water into the feed tube until a ball is form. I let that
knead for about a minute (40 - 50 revolutions in the bowl). Voila - dough.
No mess, almost no measuring, no timers. I also don't have to come back
after a bread machine has finished mixing the dough and go on to the next
step. I know for a fact that if I left to do something else that I might
forget about the dough for a couple hours. Getting older does that to you!