Michael Plant

legroups.
com5/4/05

> Are you crazy.

Perhaps. But, it has little or nothing to do with tea.

> Why would anyone wants to pay so much. My family has
> operated a leading tea plantation in China for many generations, and
> yes Keemun is an excellent tea by itself or mix with Ceylon and other
> Indian teas to make the famous "English Breakfast Tea". Keemun is
> rarely found in cake forms. Tea is such an individual think, if you
> like it aged, go for it., but I would not pay anything over $100.
> Actually I do have a number of authentic keemun tea dating back to the
> 1940s, 50s, and 60s. It is something that we put on display. I never
> had any plans of consuming it because I don't think it would taste any
> good.

When I spoke of aged Keemun, I was thinking of a year or so, not decades.
Sorry I confused you. I'd imagine a 1940's Keemun would be dead. How about
some nice 1940's or 1950's green Pu'erh cakes? Also, as you say, I never had
to pay great prices for great Keemun.

By the way, when you post a response, please leave some of the original post
for context. That will make it easier for us to know what your refer to.

Michael